Keep the Philpower Incinerator Out of Holloway Terrace:
Philpower Corp. wants to build a wood burning incinerator
on Davidson Lane in Holloway Terrace.
Port Penn, DE. June 16, 1999.
- Over 480 million pounds of wood waste would be burned each year. This waste could be contaminated with arsenic, chromium, lead, mercury, plastic, and other bad stuff.
- Over ten thousand pounds of dangerous chemicals could be dumped into the air EVERY DAY. Our air is already polluted.
- These chemicals cause cancer, asthma, bronchitis, heart disease, and other health problems.
- Dozens of big trucks could haul in waste day and night from New York, PA, and elsewhere.
- Giant waste grinders would make noise and dust day and night.
- Philpower would violate Senate Bill 98, passed last year to keep out incinerators.
CALL PHILPOWER and tell them to "STAY OUT OF DELAWARE"
(Be polite, don't threaten, call during reasonable hours, but be firm. People near Rose Hill may call from the Community Center. Green Delaware will pay for long distance calls to Philpower.)
Call these Philpower people (they are in Tennessee, Kentucky, and North Carolina):
W. Wayne Coverdale, President. Office 910.392.7690, Home: 910.792.5619
Michael Peek, Ex. Vice President. Office 615.754.8722
Michael Knauff, Vice President. Office 423.624.0852, Home 423.698.2647
(Also heads Tennessee Power Company)
A. Lawrence Sherman, Esq., Secretary. Office 606.254.9398
Call Babcock & Brown-the New York money people for this project- (Office 212.415.0200) and say they should not finance environmetal injustice.
Also call Penrose Hollins, County Council, (Home 764-9474) and Tom Gordon, County Executive, (Office 395-5100, Home 239-9019) Ask them to stop the incinerator.
Call Senator Dave McBride (Home 322-6100) let him know YOU EXPECT ACTION.
No Increased Air Pollution -- No Added Truck Traffic
No More Environmental Racism /Injustice
No More Ignoring Community Views
For more information call Green Delaware 302.834.3466 or Civic Health Alliance 656-8513
Look for more details in upcoming Green Delaware News. (C) Alan Muller
GO TO THE TOP
Let us know what you think.
Email us at
Alan J. Muller, Coordinator
P.O. Box 69
Port Penn, DE 19731
Green Delaware is funded through membership dues, donations, and grants.
All work is done by volunteers and members including this website.
This page was last updated on January 1, 2000.
GO TO THE TOP